10th Annual Louie Pellegrini IV Memorial Safety Road-e-o
(Formerly the CRRC Truck & Mechanic Safety Road-e-o, established in 1991)
- Forms for the Road-e-o will be made available by the end of July. We'll send you an email when they have been linked for your use.
Participant Information: The 10th Annual Louie Pellegrini IV Memorial Safety Road-e-o will be held Saturday, October 5 at the Alameda County Fairgrounds in Pleasanton.
The event includes:
- Continental breakfast and BBQ lunch for all participants, volunteers, spectators and family members
- Raffle prizes for participants
- LPIV Fun & Safety Carnival
- Awards for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in each class, plus the coveted Team Award
- Owner's Competition and Trophy
We encourage all CRRC members and invited guest companies to participate by sending individuals or teams of refuse/recycling drivers, forklift drivers, and mechanics to represent their company. This event promotes safety and professionalism, and creates a spirit of healthy competition and goodwill for all CRRC companies, their employees, guests, families and friends.
The basic rules of the event include:
- Each driver will be required to take a verbal examination concerning safety rules and regulations
- Each contestant will drive the course only one time
- Each driver can enter only one class
- The team competition will consist of three drivers, each from a different class, plus one mechanic
- Classes include: front-end loader, roll-off, fully automated (right hand drive) and forklift operator and mechanic
Schedule of Events:
- 7:00 am - Registration and Continental Breakfast
- 7:30 am - Drivers Judges Training
- 8:00 am - Welcome by CRRC Northern District President
- 8:00 am - LPIV Fun & Safety Carnival Begins
- 8:10 am - Driver's Orientation & Course Demonstration
- 8:15 am - Forklift Judges Training
- 8:30 am - Driver, Owner, Mechanic and Forklift Competitions Begin
- Noon - Lunch, Raffle Prizes and Awards Ceremony
Sponsorship Information: The success of the Road-e-o is hugely dependent on the generosity of our sponsors, including both Industry and Associate members. Sponsors receive special recognition, including a listing in the Road-e-o Event Program and on the Sponsor Banner at the event. In addition, Gold Medal Sponsors are recognized on the back of the Road-e-o t-shirts, which are given to each participant and volunteer. Sponsorship levels include:
- Gold Medal: $1,000.00 (includes t-shirt recognition)
- Silver Medal: $750.00
- Bronze Medal: $500.00
Volunteer Information: The Road-e-o relies on our participants and friends to make this an exciting, fun and enjoyable event. For an event of this size to run smoothly, we need volunteers to help with Judging, the LPIV Fun & Safety Carnival, and Course Pack Up after the event. (NOTE: To be eligible as a judge, your company cannot be competing in the competition).